We had another weekend with a house full of guests, which is just the way we like it! Jonathan's family came to visit and we had a wonderful time, although I was quite the party pooper. They got in just in time for dinner on Friday night, and we wanted to do something easy, so Jonathan picked up some seafood gumbo from the fish market right up the road. It was delicious and will be a perfect, easy meal in Eli's first few weeks.
We planned to spend the day at the beach on Saturday, but we woke up to thunderclouds. We got ready anyway, but by the time we had picked up a few things from Wal Mart, it was pouring here in Bradenton. We headed West anyway, and by the time we had crossed over to the islands, the weather was perfect. Jonathan and I had rode through St. Armand's Key and Lido Beach before and we knew we should take the family there. The beach was beautiful and the little town square that it sits on was busy with shops and restaurants. It's my new favorite place to go out on the beach! It wore us all out and most of us napped when we got back home. I slept for a couple of hours, but could barely made it through dinner. We literally ate right on the sand (with the crabs!) and watched the sun set while listening to a live band. Can you say paradise? Unfortunately, Eli was squishing my insides and I was miserable. This week, everything I do exhausts me, even eating. So not fun!
On Sunday, we wrapped up their weekend with a trip to the outlet mall. I wanted to do a lot more shopping, but definitely didn't want to over do it. No more preterm labor for us! I'm certainly moving more slowly these days and taking even more naps... which sounds amazing, but I really feel so miserable all the time. Waking up is such a chore with all of the aches and pains! Good thing we only have one more month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment