Jonathan started back to school today. On Sunday night, we gave him his extra good night hugs, knowing we wouldn't be spending all day with him. I could tell he was quite sad about having to go back to school. This year is going to require a bit more attention from him because not only will he have his regular classes, but he'll also be studying for boards which will fall next summer, and I think it's a little overwhelming for him to think about how he's going to try to excel in school and at home. He did such a great job at balancing everything last year, so I'm not worried, but I know J is already missing all of the quality time he was able to spend with Eli over the summer.
Today was good, though. I sent Jonathan videos of Eli walking across the living room with his push toy and told him to turn down the volume and watch in class. He came home for lunch and was home for good around 2:30. Of course, his nose has been in the books for the majority of the afternoon, but every study breaks he gets is spent with Eli. Eli is tucked into bed now, so the TV is off and he is studying for his exam tomorrow. The quiet...
Has been interrupted. Not 15 minutes after I laid Eli down, he's banging around in his bedroom. An hour and a half later, he's finally asleep.
I was going to say, the quiet is welcome. We've been go-go-go all summer. And all day. But it looks like I'll only be able to enjoy quiet if I'm laying down with Eli in our bed. Whatever it takes!!
Anyway, I snapped these precious pictures of the boys a few days ago. There's nothing like playtime with daddy.







No comments:
Post a Comment