Oh, hey, full term! I'm still feeling relatively good (a lot better than I did at this point with Eli), but... Still throwing up occasionally (even on zofran), and the heartburn is off the charts. Jonathan closely monitors my Tums intake because apparently you can overdose on them. He asks me trick questions like, "are you feeling extra muscle weakness?" And I'm like, "yesssss... Will you massage my back?" And then he lectures on taking the maximum dose of Tums too many days in a row.
At my appointment this week, everything checked out just fine. No protein in urine, weight gain is at 20 pounds total (that's +2 from last week), blood pressure is good, and my GBS results came back negative. Here's the exciting news: I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I never would've guessed it because my Braxton-hicks are so mild and I've only had one real contraction. I'm excited that my body is doing work (without me knowing it!) She is also head down, which is always good news.
My stomach is stretched so thin; the veins running through it look alien-ish! You can kind of see it in the weekly pic below.
I told my doctor I was feeling a little panicky because we are already full term, and I feel like I'm not prepared, even though I labored and delivered just a year and a half ago. He gave me a little refresher on when to come to the hospital, and where to go, and it all started coming back to me then. I think the panicky feeling is mostly coming from the unknowns of when and how I'm going to go into labor because we'll have to get Eli situated, too.
Speaking of my main little man, he's obsessed with all of the baby gear we've been pulling out. He just sits in the baby bath tub and thinks he's hot stuff. He wants to turn on the swing and watch the bird mobile move. He turns on the vibrating chair and listens to its classical music while he plays with Legos. He is into everything! My sister said he won't be too happy when he realizes these toys aren't meant for him, and she's probably right!


No comments:
Post a Comment