I'm a good 3 weeks into this so called "honeymoon" trimester, where I keep reading that I should be feeling perfect, have lots of energy, no morning sickness, and be happy. Well I'm not. I do not feel like my hormones have leveled out at all, I'm still experiencing morning sickness (today included), and I can't seem to get myself together. Last night was rough. My stomach felt like it was stretched out as far as it could go and I cried because I can't imagine how it's going to feel when I have a baby the size of a watermelon in there.
However, I'm growing (I am at 6 pounds less than my starting weight). And we have a picture of the jumping bean. And I may have felt movement. Or it could have been gas, but I'm going with movement because that is what I need to believe to keep me from feeling like my body is broken.
Fitpregnancy.com and Babycenter say that the baby weighs about 3 ounces and is about 4 1/2 inches from crown to rump—roughly the size of a small gerbil. I have also seen the size compared to an avocado and a large pear. At any time, you will begin to feel fetal movement as the baby's bones harden, and he/she starts a big growth spurt. In the next few weeks, the babe will double in weight and add inches in length. Baby E has plenty of room: At this point,he/ she could fit in the palm of our hands. This is a great time to be a fetus, says Fit Pregnancy. At any given time, he/she might be playing with the umbilical cord (which she's now able to grasp), putting his/her thumb in her mouth, or kicking at the amniotic sac.
Knowing all of this makes me happy. As my body is achy and pained and stretched and sick, it is growing another life that we have seen jumping around in my uterus. So, all is well.
granny is sitting right next to me and she says to tell you in your beach picture it looks like you swallowed a canteloupe, but.. you look cute.
ReplyDeletelove yaaa