Search "Growing"

Monday, January 16, 2012

This weekend

We spent lots of time lounging and playing. Jonathan had so much free time; it was wonderful. Eli is starting to get so interested in our food, so I set him up in his high chair and and let him smoosh up a banana. He wasn't so sure about actually eating it, but he loved playing with it!







Eli's bottom right tooth popped through! We were playing yesterday in his activity seat and he was laughing with a big open mouth when I spotted it. Jonathan couldn't feel or see it, and he didn't think there was really a tooth because Eli had not been fussy.

A few hours later, Jonathan finally saw, and we decided that in retrospect, Eli had been harder to put down to sleep and had not been sleeping as much. But boy did he make up for that sleep today! He slept until 12:30 pm, plus several naps. Poor boy! I've been trying to snap a picture, but no such luck.



We spent today on Anna Maria Island with my Great Aunt Ora and Uncle Jerry. They are visiting from Nebraska, and they are the only snow birds that we don't mind! :) Uncle Jerry is a Radiologist and Jonathan got to talk medicine with him. They told us about going through medical school and the medical missions that they've done in Haiti and New Zealand, and to be honest, it put everything in perspective for me.

Just last night, I was being ungrateful. I was complaining about this path that we have to take during med school. The unknown of where his clinical rotations will be? Where we will have to move for his residency program? What residency program he will be matched to? The distance from or family and friends... The emotional distance from each other, at times. Sometimes, (like last night) all of the negatives swept over me and I was feeling sad about our situation. We don't even have it bad! But they have been through it, and now, it's just a memory of an experience that made them stronger. And now, they give back. And take month long vacations. And are wonderful. I really needed to see and hear the result of the hard work and sacrifices of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment