Search "Growing"

Monday, August 22, 2011

The final countdown

We are having a baby this week!

As much as I was hoping and praying (and walking and bouncing on my ball and pressing points on my feet) for Eli to come on his own before we have to be induced, I'm doubling it now so that Hurricane Irene cannot potentially mess up any of our plans. Right now, she is scheduled to be around us on Thursday, which is induction day. Fabulous! You can't ponder on things you can't change, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

It's amazing how "ready" we feel, but we are still thinking of things we need to do before this little one gets here. Jonathan is taking his second test of the semester today, and we are both ready for him to get it over with so he can get back into the baby mind frame. Since the past week he has been in serious study mode, we have been putting off our last minute to do list until he can have time to run to the store with me. We have an exciting day tomorrow for our OB appointment and shopping at BJ's Wholesale and Super Target. And sadly, I'm not kidding when I call it exciting... I don't get out of the house much these days! Even though we need to stock up some good "breastfeeding food" (which is nutritious food that I can grab and eat with one hand), newborn diapers (we are cloth diapering, but not until his umbilical cord falls off... and can you believe out of all the disposables we got as gifts, no one bought newborn size?), and a few other items we are running low on like shampoo, I am hoping that right about now, my contractions start, so by the time Jonathan gets home from school, we will need to get to the hospital and get this show on the road! My body missed the memo though.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait either. Looking forward to the excitement of Eli being born and the possibility of driving into a hurricane. Can't wait to see the both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about and praying for you all week! Good luck girl! :)

    ReplyDelete