12 weeks down, 28 to go! And, this is the last week of my first trimester!
Baby is about 2-2 1/2 inches long, and about the size of a lime and weighs half an ounce. This week, the babe is working on reflexes. You can read all about it here. My uterus no longer fits in my pelvis and has moved up into my abdomen. I actually felt a lot of movement yesterday in my abdomen. It was the normal twitching that I feel all the time (that is supposedly my uterus growing), but higher. I actually called my sister and ask if it could really be the baby's heart beat. She laughed and told me no. Fitpregnancy.com confirmed that my hips are definitely widening, which I have certainly been feeling.
But relief is here for all these hip and lower back pains! My Leachco Back 'N Belly body pillow is here! Holla!!
Here is Meatball modeling it:
It's everything I hoped it would be and I feel like a princess laying it. I can't wait to finish up this post so I can nap.
I am still throwing up in the mornings and sick on and off throughout the day. I am at 8 pounds less than my starting weight, and a teeny tiny bump is starting to show. When I push my stomach out and wear a tight shirt. It still just looks like I had to much cheesecake for dessert though, as my dear friend described.
Last night my appetite continued and I had four servings of tortellini. Today, not so much, and I barely picked at a salad. I'm going to blame it on the fact that Jonathan had just had three viles of blood drawn (for his physical for Med School). I did not go back with him to watch, but him talking about it was enough to make me feel faint. Yes, I'm scared to death of needles, and I know childbirth will be much worse... but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

You do know you have to get a lot of lab work while your pregnant, right?
ReplyDelete