Search "Growing"

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our jumping bean

We had our first ultrasound today, and boy, do we have an active little baby on our hands. The entire time it was having it's picture taken, it jumped up and down. We are going to be in trouble!! In the picture, it looks like it's waving! We still have no real intuitions on if it's a boy or girl. I keep calling it a boy, but I think that's just because I would love one!



Everything looked good so far and my blood work from last week was normal. However, I'm sitting in Labcorp right now waiting to get more done. I have hypothyroidism that is currently untreated. I haven't had my levels checked in two years because I've felt fine. Apparently that's not a good enough excuse. I'm hoping that my levels will be perfect, because if they aren't, baby could possibly suffer developmental effects and I would have to get blood work done every 6 weeks for a while. No thank you. I also learned I have to get an early glucose test (because of a family history of diabetes), plus the regularly scheduled one at 25 weeks. According to Jess, that's the worst test ever. We also scheduled a breast ultrasound for tomorrow because I have fibrous cysts in my breast, and one that's particularly large. I get it from my mama.

We have to wait 5 more weeks before we find out the sex of the baby. I'll be 18 weeks and 6 days, and I'm glad that it will be toward the later time frame to find out the sex because I'm so scared that they are going to tell me the wrong thing. I think that's because I'm Type A. Jonathan (who is completely opposite) is trying to get me to calm down and get me to go with the flow... and just let things be that I can't control. I agree with him, but it's just not that easy. I almost had a panic attack on the way to get our ultrasound because I was afraid something might be wrong. Note: I've had no cramping, bleeding, or any other signs that would prove to be dangerous. Well, I didn't know I did at the time. Now, I'm in a panic waiting for my thyroid levels. Prayers por favor!

We took our new picture to my grandmother, who is rehabbing her broken hip. She's been in since December 5th, and I used to visit her everyday. I wasn't able to visit her for the past couple of months because I've been so sick, but she looked great (especially for being 90 years old) and she is doing great as well. She told me that if she was at home, I could spend the day with her and she would take care of me. How sweet!

4 comments:

  1. Listen to Jonathon. I will definitely be praying for you. Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you read everyday... and check probably way more than once a day. You don't have to comment everyday. And it's JonathAn. :) thanks for praying though... even though I already know you do that for us anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! I saw it posted on D's FB and figured it must have been your little peanut! Glad to hear everything is moving along ok, and I hope all your tests come back good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong and calm. You and the baby will be just fine. Keeping you in my thoughts! Your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete