We took the dirty diaper into the office to be tested yesterday, and it tested negative for blood. Typically, they need a diaper less than an hour old (and this was 2 days old, yuck!) so they said it might not be accurate. Since that was only a tiny bit of stool, he really had not pooped since Thursday, so we needed to work on getting him to poop. Technically, if a baby's constipated, their poop is hard and black, but the Dr. said he might be even though his poop doesn't look like that, and that might be what's causing the blood.
So our instructions were a teaspoon of Karo syrup mixed into 4 ounces of breast milk twice a day. We could also get some baby juice and mix a little in a bottle of breast milk as well. We stopped to get some at Walgreens on the way home, and of course, they had neither. I was going to run to publix when he went to sleep, but wouldn't you know, the boy pooped! We were literally in the middle of eating dinner and jumped out of our seats to check his dipe. I told you it's an obsession!
Funny story... As I've mentioned before, we cloth diaper, so the dirty diaper that I took in was one of my Flip inserts, so of course I wanted it back. Usually you would just drop the diaper off and they test it at their own leisure and call with results. I asked if it was possible that they could test it while I waited so I could get my diaper back, and the receptionist acted like she threw up in her mouth. She said, "Ugh! You want this back???" I said, "Yes ma'am, that's an expensive diaper!" She just shook her head and went to ask if they could do what they needed to do right now. So they did, and the Doc called us back to give us our instructions, and I asked for my diaper back as we were leaving. He said, "No, it's ok. We can throw it away put here." I was so embarrassed that I had to explain again that I wanted a 2 day old poopy diaper back. Next time, I'll make sure I put a disposable liner in! Haha!
Speaking of cloth diapers, the Flip covers (in pink and yellow) are buy one get one free right now!! If you are not sure about cloth diapering or if you definitely want to, this is an AMAZING deal! I got my sister to get 6, and she paid less than $45!! With the Flip system, 6 covers is all you need. I plan to write up a post about our cloth diapering system soon, and I hope it convinces some of you to do it. We LOVE it and it saves so much money , while at the same time, we are doing the best for our baby. Sale ends Feb 19th at Cottonbabies.com , if you're intetested!
No comments:
Post a Comment