Search "Growing"

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Racing

It's funny how my days have become organized. Obviously, this was one of the biggest changes that came with Eli. I feel like I'm always racing to get things done during certain time allotments, which is either Eli's awake time, or nap time. Our situation is a little unique because I'm a stay at home mom and Jonathan is in med school. He cooks most dinners and does some dishes, but beyond that, I'm in charge of everything else since its pretty important that he gets all of his studying in. Plus, when he does take breaks, I'd rather him spend that time with Eli instead of doing housework.

So, here is how chores around the house usually get done:

Either while Eli is still sleeping or during his first nap of the morning, I'm doing my best to get myself ready. I've got to run around around at super speed if I want to shower, do hair/ make up AND eat breakfast. It usually happens that breakfast gets pushed until Eli wakes up, gets a diaper changed, gets fed, and is put on his play mat.

He is content playing by himself though, so I get to enjoy my coffee and sometimes can get the dishes done. The dishes and laundry are two things that have to be done while he's awake because they are so loud. So of course, it's always a race to get the clothes in the washer so they have time to finish before he goes back to sleep.

During nap time, I clean, blog, and sometimes go to the gym (if Jonathan is home). I am just now getting to the point where I think it's OK if I leave him on a daily basis during nap time to do something, even if it is just down the sidewalk. I'm so weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment