Search "Growing"

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Solid food: Take 1

Eli has been sitting in his high chair with us at the table while we eat dinner. Usually he just relaxes and plays with his toys.



But today, I made a real effort to feed Eli some banana (smashed with a little bit of breast milk) today. I got out the baby spoons and everything. He was eyeing my salad like nobody's business, so I decided to give this solids thing another try. Why banana? It was the easiest thing at the moment. I have a sweet potato and avocado on hand as well, but I wanted to make sure the tongue thrust reflex had disappeared before I started preparing other foods.

And of course, I had my camera on hand to capture the big moment.

That real food is for me??
Ok... I'll try it...
Hmm... let me think about this.
Still thinking...
I like! Gimme more.
This is fun!
Oh wait.
Should I smile about this or...
Spit it out? Yep, spit it out. I'm done.
Maybe he liked the silly "nom nom nom nom nom" sounds I was making more than the banana? Oh well! We'll try again tomorrow!

1 comment: