Search "Growing"

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Funky

As human beings, we get into "funks". You know, where you are just in a mood for several hours (or days) and things are just off. It's normal. But as a mama, it's important that these funks get out of my system fast. When I get into a little funk, it seems that Eli feeds off of my funkiness and gets into one himself. It's amusing how connected we are and how much we feed off of each other.

We both had a mini funk this morning. I could not wake up, and when I finally could keep my eyes open, I wasn't happy about starting my day so early. But, tough luck, I gotta baby that's hungry and ready to play. Actually, he just needed me because he was hungry and Daddy-o had to go to school. They had been playing for a couple hours already. So, we played for a little bit, and at the first sign of tired, I hit the rocking chair to try to rock him to sleep. But he was wound up, and I was trying to force sleepiness so hard. I was impatient, would lay him down before he was ready, and it would make him want me even more, thus making the process more time consuming, and pushing my morning cup of joe even farther away.

Sleep finally won over Eli, and I could finally do some things that make me feel human again, and snap me out of my funk. As a mom, especially a stay at home mom, it's important to realize what you can do to help yourself, because no one is happy unless mama is happy!

My mini funk busters are:
-coffee/breakfast (coffee is an every-morning-must-have, but breakfast is mostly a treat!)
-a shower (which unfortunately, can sometimes get pushed until mid afternoon)
-make up and clothes that I would actually wear in public (looking good makes me feel good)
-getting out of the house (even if it is just to take the dog and baby on a walk... it really helps!)
-being productive (even if it is just backing up my computer or putting away dishes, it makes me feel good)

Sounds pathetic right? Ah, but this is life with a baby!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment